A collection of bits and bobs from Carrie to you. Where you'll find extra's mentioned in her podcast, tips & tricks, recipes, and the occasional gem.
Jeremy's Mulled Christmas recipe recommendations:
Whether you choose ale, wine, or cider here's a fun holiday treat for you!
This recipe is mentioned in Carrie's chat with SA's Brand Guru Jeremy Sampson for their annual date in gearing up for the 2022 festive season.
A hot port recipe for Melanie Walker:
I didn't want to believe her, but Melanie insisted this is an Irish tradition. Here's one I found by Joby Catto. Please do share if you give this a bash. It sounds like the perfect excuse to curl up on a chilly evening!
- a sliced lemon (pretty wheels please)
- a bottle of ruby port
- a pan (ideally one that can hold a fair bit of liquid)
- glassware that can handle the heat
- honey to taste
Here are the steps:
- Using thick, large glassware of choice for each person, half-fill the glass and pour this measurement into your pan. Add the same volume of water.
- Heat on the stove until your mixture just starts to steam. Make sure it doesn't burn.
- While that's going, stud the lemon slice segments with cloves. We're using this for infusion - one wheel per glass.
- Rinse the serving glasses with boiled water from the kettle. This helps prep the glass, release aromas, and open up the flavour.
- Pour your warmed port mixture into each glass. Then run the back of a teaspoon under some hot water. Using your hot spoon, add desired amount of honey to your glasses and stir.
- Add in your fancy lemon wheel and enjoy!